Sunday, March 26, 2006


This blog is dedicated for 240 fans, owners, or drivers, as I will put my 'real-life' experience writings on this 240. Being a VOLVO driver; you will know that what a car is all about, nah I mean a REAL CAR. I never owned any car, nor a VOLVO, I just DRIVE one. The ultimate driving machine; the 1989 B230K VOLVO 240. It is a great honour for me to be able to drive this machine, honour that not all could get. THANKS ALLAH.

The car has been rolling around the family for 10 years now. Bought on 1996, a well maintained company car that went on an auction, we got it cheaper. The car came with great package; small dents, expired road tax, door bottom trim disappeared, no stereo, 'artistic' painting with scratches and abstract designs on it!! That was our first VOLVO in the family (in fact the only one unil now). Thus, it is quiet a challenge for my dad to find a 'true' VOLVO mechanic until one day, while queing in a traffic jam, he just saw a petrol station service bay with a lot of VOLVOs. Then was the time he met the ex-VOLVO man, Mr. Ng who serve the car until now. All in all, my dad work it out, installed PIONEER RADIO CASSETTE STEREO a year later, get it resprayed two years later. The most important is that we do not have problems on engine, good news :)

Aged 13 years on 2002, still rolling strongly. By that time, my dad decided to buy another car, a local Malaysian car. Not to mention the car, it was a good car though, level of silence is significantly better than 240, handling is quite good (cannot compare it with a VOLVO). Unfortunately, the quality is not that good. Accecories broke easily, and we enjoyed the frequent and long visits to service center :). The main objective of buying the new car is that to let 240 relax. But whatever happens, 240 wins!! The new car parked in the porsch, 240 being driven here and there, rolling tough.

And 2004, I am 20 years then. Studying in a large campus, I need transport to move. My dad suggested I took that car, hence he hardly drive the new car when 240 is home. Then, my journey as a 240 driver started. I felt the dark and bright side of driving a 240, the fun and joy moments, the hard times, the headache I have to face, unforgettable. This is my third year of driving it. Guess what?? I never think that a student with RM500 monthly pocket money could afford to drive this car. I solely depends on that RM500 for my life; books, foods, stationary, basic needs, petrols, tolls, VOLVO. Of course regular services and road tax borned by the owner, my beloved dad :)

And here, my blog START!!

No comments: