Saturday, April 19, 2008

A SPEED TRAP!!

My mom just called asking for money to bank-in; i started to wonder why?? I just got traffic ticket sent to my house; A SPEED TRAP!!

I was caught cruising at 130km/h while the highway speed limit is 110km/h during recent trip to Penang with the new Yokohama tyre. Is it the tyre to be blamed?? The tyre was damn silent even I cruise up to 130km/h, bless the old Silverstone with speed warning noise... eheheheh...

A big loss for my pocket this month! Aiseyh :(

p/s - not my picture;

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there.

You´re Volvo looks beautiful. I too have a special place in my heart for 240, I'm trying to keep my '87 model alive.

I found you´re site as I was looking for info on the Solex carburetor as it isn´t featured in the Haynes manual.

I just wanted to ask where you found that picture of the carb?
And if you know of a source on the web where I can find an "exploded view" of different things regarding my Volvo?

Best regards,
Ríkarður Ragnarsson
Iceland

Mohd Hafizd said...

honda wave PFV 4724~

Ahmad Zhafri Ahmad Zahir said...

rikaour,

thanks for your visit. i got the exploded diagram of the carburetor from a long friend (which have not in contact for some time).. for other thing, i guess you can find it in the Haynes manual. i use hayness for them...

good day :)

Erling said...

Hi Ahmad!
I accidentally found your blog - now bookmarked - and just wanted to say I'm impressed by the way you are keeping your car. Regards from another B230K-equipped 240 owner.
Erling, Norway
http://home.no.net/ebrox

Ahmad Zhafri Ahmad Zahir said...

hi erling,

thanks for your visit. seems that you got a great car too!

-volvo for life-

Rahem's said...

aiyoo bro..130km/h cruising huh? i think you must have confuse by the MPH meter haha..

nvm next tt we cruise back to shah alam at 140km/h ok? gonna make gustav car suffer la haha