Monday, September 17, 2007

Brake Booster Failure :)

After all, today is the time for the brake booster / servo pump to fail. The first symptom I got early this morning is when I brake while driving down a slope, with just a little braking power, the tires jammed and skid for a short while before it stopped. From that point of time, I have suspected that something is not right somewhere, but then I just continue traveling to the office. Everything seems normal.

Then I have to go out to the customer's place. Driving just outside the office, while braking at a traffic light, I felt the brake became harder and engine tremble vigorously if the brake being applied hardly. I could also hear hissing vacuum leak sound. Luckily there's one VOLVO mechanic around that area and I just passed by to have him rectify that it is the servo problem.

Got it changed (BOSCH brand) this morning also :) Whew, I got back the feeling of driving a VOLVO with good braking power :) It's quite simple to DIY, but with time limitation, I just let the mechanic do.....



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

JAJAJAJA Donno why, but your booster failure sounds familiar to me........

Bosch brake boosters never fail!!!

JAJAJA (That was sarcasm)

As a Robert Bosch Chasis Brake Division Control Engineer I know for sure.

Ahmad Zhafri Ahmad Zahir said...

bosh brake booster never fail??

means the original one is not a bosch??

or the original one don't fail??

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...


This is a blog to watch for sure. I think you have a really awesome writing style by the way. Very easy to read. Your blog design is so clean too! Thank you all the hard work!

Hydroboost

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Admin, I came to this post and knowing about value of this post because your explaining way is awesome and you have shared everything. I appreciate your work and like it very much. Doing great work and keep it continue dear. Post new things related to 2018 updates.

Hydroboost conversion

Chongqing Xuancheng Import & Export Co., Ltd. said...

You guys are writing some Amazing tips. This article really helped me a lot. Thanks for sharing this.I also used these.

suspension Air Bags